Are you passionate about the maritime industry and have the drive and dedication to be a successful Maritime Educator? Join the team that makes GREAT HAPPEN!
TAFE Teacher Marine - Temporary / Casual Opportunities
Be the teacher you always wanted by sharing your Industry knowledge and expertise with the next generation of Mariners!
- Key member of teaching and delivery team
- Required to deliver and support Certificate II, III & IV in Maritime Operations courses. Delivery also includes STCW short courses.
- This position reports to the Marine Business Manager, Cairns
Qualifications / Requirements
- Possession of Master less than 500 GT, or Master less than 80 metres near coast highly desirable. Master <35 Near Coastal at a minimum and
- Possession of one of the following training and assessment qualifications:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment plus TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills (including TAEASS501 or TAEASS502A or TAEASS502B); and
- Demonstrated current industry skills directly relevant to the training/assessment being undertaken.
Opportunity: If you do not hold the full TAE40110 (+ TAELLN411 & TAEASS502) or TAE40116 but hold one of the following skill sets:
- TAESS00014 Enterprise Trainer Presenting;
- TAESS00013 Enterprise Trainer Mentoring;
- TAESS00015 Enterprise Trainer and Assessor;
- Plus TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills and TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools.
You may be eligible to be employed under a TQ Staff under Supervision and Support Agreement. As part of your probation you will be required to enrol in the full TAE40116 and demonstrate reasonable progression towards achieving the full qualification within six (6) months.
Note: Proof of qualifications is required to be provided at interview.
How you will be assessed
Within the context of the role description, the ideal applicant will be someone who has the following key capabilities:
- Possess knowledge of the education and training sector and the ability to positively respond to new directions and demands of the training market.
- Demonstrated capacity for best practice in the management of teaching and learning activities (including delivery, assessment and evaluation) including the development of flexible/innovative learning options, products and solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership, self-management and ability to work effectively as a team member, with the capacity to accept, promote and manage change while utilizing well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to self-development with the focus on qualifications/skills update and contemporary industry practices.
- Possess sound knowledge of safe, equitable and anti-discriminatory work practices and demonstrated ability to be flexible, responsive and deliver quality client services.
Want to join us?
To apply for this role, all applications must be submitted via www.seek.com.au and include the following:
- A current resume including two (2) recent referees: and
- A brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
When applying please quote Job Ad Reference Number TQN 081-19a
For further information, please contact:
a/ Industry Portfolio Manager / Instructor / MERTS Manager